Saturday, October 01, 2005

For Better or For Worse

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a beautiful shot of New York's Central Park. I essentially stole it from the For Better or For Worse Web site. I hope that this link to my favorite comic makes up for it. I've been reading this strip in my local newspaper for over 20 years and feel as though the Patterson family of Canada actually exists. One of the characters actually has my paternal grandmother's maiden name.

It was really interesting to read Lawrence's Story, from a four-week series in 1993, that caused a furor. It was a controversial subject (a gay teenager coming out) and was handled with a lot of sensitivity and taste. Nevertheless, it caused an outcry, mainly, of course, in the highly judgmental South.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home